A woman from Northern India got the most horrifying news after doctors discovered the contents of her stomach.
After experiencing vomiting and extreme abdominal pain for more than a month, 22-year-old Neha Begum was rushed to the hospital on January 2.
The woman from Chandauli, Uttar Pradesh was diagnosed by the doctors with intestinal obstruction, which required her to undergo surgery.
Upon opening her stomach, KG Nanda Hospital's group of doctors discovered about 150 worms in her stomach, each roughly 25 centimeters long, according to Metro reports.
"I was shocked. This was an extremely unusual case. We have come across cases with three or four earthworms but this is the first time we have come across such a huge number," says Dr Anand Prakash Tiwari.
Neha was thankful that the long agony is finally over after the surgery.
Fortunately for her, the surgery was done before major complications arose, such as the worms possibly traveling to her brain which could have caused severe damage to the brain, said the doctors.
"I was in extreme pain for weeks. It was awful. I suffered so many sleepless nights and I used to scream in pain and vomiting. But now it’s like I have a new life. I am very thankful to the doctors here for ending my problem," she said.
Dr. Tiwari revealed that the formation of worms inside her body may have been caused by an unclean lifestyle.
"The eggs of such worms are usually found on green vegetables and in non purified water, which is why doctors always suggest that vegetables need to be thoroughly washed before being consumed." Tiwari said.
Visit and follow our website: Trending News Portal
© Trending News Portal