Man Wanted To Take A Swim In Yellowstone Basin, But Accidentally Dissolves In Boiling Acid!

Advertisement


23 year old Colin Scott, from Portland, Oregon died after accidentally slipping into the boiling acidic waters of the Norris Geyser Basin in Yellowstone National Park. 

On June 7, Colin and his sister Sable were on a college graduation trip to the park. The two were looking for a spot to bathe in the steaming waters – an activity forbidden by the national park authorities. 

Deputy Chief Ranger Lorant Veress says it is a very dangerous area due to the boiling acidic waters. 

“There’s a closure in place to keep people from doing that for their own safety and also to protect the resources because they are very fragile.” Veress said.

According to the official report by the National Park Service, the incident was recorded on Sable’s phone. The siblings were recording their trek in the park, looking for a place for them to go “hot-potting” or bathing in steaming waters.

The video was not released by the authorities to the public due to privacy rights.

Sable was quoted as saying, “her brother was reaching down to check the temperature of a hot spring when he slipped and fell into the pool.” 
Sable quickly sought help. 

The park officials conducted a search and rescue operation to find Scott’s remains. Unfortunately their efforts were halted due to a lightning storm. The following day they discovered that the body had disintegrated in the acidic waters.

"In a very short order, there was a significant amount of dissolving," Veress said.

Source: TNP, Thrillist



Visit and follow our website: Trending News Portal

© Trending News Portal