After not being included in this year’s Metro Manila Film Festival, the director of Vice Ganda and Coco Martin’s movie Joyce Bernal has already spoken up and gave her statement.
Last Friday, November 18, MMFF released the official list of entries which did not include Bernal's movie. However, Bernal said that the movie was still in picture-lock when they passed it for consideration and admitted that the film is not ready for release.
“Ang picture-lock po kasi is edited siya pero hindi siya na-dub, walang music ‘yung picture-lock.”
Bernal said that with the new rule of MMFF, completing the picture-lock is okay.
“Siyempre paano ka lalaban sa mga pelikula na nabuo na talaga nila?” the director added.
She also said, “The movie was really for Metro Manila Film Festival. We wanted it for Metro Manila Film Festival. Si Coco, si Vice, t’saka ako… Pero, kung ano man ‘yung gustong gawin, because something happened last year so meron silang gustong gawin for this year na festival so parang sa akin, on my part, nirerespeto ko ‘yun. Okay sa akin ‘yun.”
Even though she regrets that their movies weren’t able to make it on the list, she said that she respects whatever the festival’s decision. She also said that the movie will be premiered soon.
Since Star Cinema already has a lineup, Director Joyce Bernal has no idea if the movie will still have its debut.
At the same time, Director Joyce Bernal said that as of today the final touches including dubbing and mixing have already been finished.
Visit and follow our website: Trending News Portal
© Trending News Portal